Wednesday, April 15, 2009

We'll Build Our Walls Aluminum, We'll Fill Our Mouths With Cinnamon

I have returned! At last! Seriously, I missed you all. Family vacations are stressful enough, but without internet access? I was going crazy.

The name of the game is... soft draping, girly ruffles, sweet colors, and punchy accessories.
Photobucket
Moschino Cheap & Chic
blouse, 3.1 Phillip Lim tuxedo vest, Stella McCartney blouse, Chloé shorts, Marc by Marc Jacobs blouse, Marc by Marc Jacobs clutch, Marc by Marc Jacobs jacket, Matthew Williamson tank, Matthew Williamson shorts, Proenza Schouler clutch.

(net-a-porter)


I was helping my mom clean out her closet last week, and once she told me where this shirt was from I fell in love and filched it immediately.
Can you figure out its origin? If not, I'll let you know in my next post.


I've spent the past week listening to nothing but The Crane Wife. Colin Meloy is possibly the most brilliant writer ever to grace the world of music.
"Sons & Daughters" is probably my favorite song on the album. The lyrics are just so pretty.
I feel shameful for not yet having listened to The Hazards of Love, but I read the synopsis of the album last night and it sounds unbelievable. (Yes, it's complicated enough to have a synopsis! What?)
Must purchase as soon as possible! They're playing a show in New York on June 10th and I want to go so badly.


I think the weakest factor of my wardrobe is shoes; I feel like I'm missing that perfect pair of basic footwear that's versatile and interesting.
These Steve Madden flats are calling my name.
I first saw The Stylish Wanderer wearing them and I just found them on the Steve Madden website. And they're on sale! And I want them!



These photos from Yvette Inufio are so calming. There's something lonely about the pictures, like they're of things somebody left behind. Her subjects are delicate and lovely, and she captures them in the prettiest light. Also, she includes gorgeous quotes with all her photos on flickr.

I'm going thrifting tomorrow or Friday, so I'll have oodles of things to show you by the weekend!
See you lovelies then.

26 comments:

Jules said...

Oh i love those two shorts.;D
Need them.lol.=)
Have a great day.

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Cute blog! :)
I absolutely LOVE those blouses. And those shoes are adorable.

Lulu said...

I love all the tops, i think their so cute, and i love your taste!

Check out my blog, i put a few pictures from Annie Hall!
:)

Claire Geist said...

deliciously whimsical choices!!

i'm DROOLING over that Phillip Lim sequin vest..that would look amazing with black anything!!

Yuka said...

the chloe shorts are my favorite!!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I really love all the pieces in your collage and those shoes are gorgeous! Why do you have to tempt me like that?? xxoxoxo

Unknown said...

I'm in love with Chloé's Short..;D
Love it.

Ania said...

I love the Stella McCartney blouse, paired with a deep raspberry pink clutch it would be perfection. I'm all about neutral clothes from lightweight fabrics + accessories in crazy colours that remind you of fruit smoothies ;D

Parapluie said...

Love the Steve Madden flats, the buckles are wonderful!

noone said...

The Matthew Williams tank is my fav :)

Unknown said...

Love them all, my favorite is the Chloe bloomers. I displayed them on my blog a while back. Those steve madden shoes are adorable!
XOXXOO
Libby
http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

Unknown said...

Oh have fun thrifting! That's my favourite thing to do. I just went shopping yesterday at my local Buffalo Exchange. I love thrift stores.

glad you're back. :)

Unknown said...

I love the collection of photos you have on this post, and the clothes are fantastic!

Frances Davison said...

I LOVE
1. The Decemberists
2. that sequin vest
x

Marilyn Hayward said...

I love the Decemberists! And I really love those flats.

Anonymous said...

i love all these clothes..adorable..and i love ruffles:)
xx

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

So many lovely things in this post, but I'm mostly so excited about the Decemberists--seriously one of my all-time favorite bands.

Karen said...

those chloe shorts are stunning arent they!
i have been in love with them since the runway
so cute
good luck thrifting!!

Joyti said...

All the clothes are lovely, as are the photographs. I can't guess where the found tee is from...

sarah said...

Lovely post. Enjoy your weekend.

Flashofstyle said...

Ohh I love these fflats! She inspired me as well :)

abigail said...

beautiful blouses, fabulous shorts, what could be better?

Bianca said...

i would have any of those pieces
xx

the crumpet girls
http://crumpetsandt.blogspot.com

Missa said...

Ah, those Chloe shorts are haunting me. They keep turning up places and I love them so! I think those flats are calling my name too and wouldn't they be so cute with the shorts?!

Yvette said...

Thanks so much, Annie!
I'm glad you like my work.

Elliott Broidy said...

Beautiful designs. You have great taste in fashion.