1. Ceiling light in my bedroom.
2. Pile of items that seems to define my life right now: September issue of Vogue, some issue of Lucky (the only fashion magazine I actually read ritually), American history textbook, trusty college guide, sheet music for the hymn I sing in Our Town, yet unopened pack of Polaroid film, and some Polaroids I took on Friday when my musically inclined friends played a gig. (Both the photos and the music were stellar.)
3. Two of the more artsy shots I snapped. The film is way expired, probably by about five years, but I like the old quality it gives the pictures.
4-5. My bookshelf, which is much too small to properly shelve all of my books. (Note the double copies of Catcher in the Rye! I just reread it, and rerealized its magnificence.)
6. Cartoon and three poems clipped from The New Yorker, all many months old, that are taped right above my bed.
7. Venetian mask decorated in lace, Swarovski crystals, and gold paint that I bought in Rome last December. Probably my favorite souvenir I have ever bought anywhere.
8. Monet print that I got in Giverny. I loved it enough to actually get it framed!
9. Deliciously soft J.Crew sweater that I stole from Luke and have been living in lately.
10. My new poetry pad. Like I mentioned previously, I have developed a fondness for writing on legal pads.
I realize that you (or at least most of you) are here for fashion related reasons, but these are the things that I see and touch an am inspired by every day, in addition to fashion.
I am unsure whether this sort of post warrants a tag or not... but I would be so happy if Emmy, Sylvia, Frances, Jessica, Rebecca, Vanessa, and any other readers wanted to show a few snapshots of your daily life!