Thursday, December 24, 2009

Dreaming Of Scandinavia


I have pretty much been living in variations on this sweater-and-leggings combination since the snowstorm last Saturday. Meet the newest addition to my granny sweater collection.

The vibrant colors, cozy knit, and wonderful oversizedness make it, I think, the sweater to end all sweaters. Sylvie, my dear, this is definitely one for the record books, and you must borrow it immediately!

These stirrup leggings I bought on Saturday are amazingly warm. Also, note the crazily thick socks. Under normal circumstances I usually wear thin cotton ankle socks, but in these chilly temperatures a good woolly pair is an absolute necessity. I feel like I am channeling Isabel of Hipster Musings in this outfit (never a bad thing, I am totally in love with her casual/cozy/insanely sequined style).

Between the glorious amount of snow and my newly blossomed love affair with leggings, I have been fantasizing lately about a winter vacation in some Scandinavian mountain cabin. Like this one, full of white walls, pale wood, minimalist furnishings, and huge windows for watching the blizzards. I can just picture sitting on a squashy couch in the loft, with only a mug of peppermint tea and a fresh notebook to keep me company, listening to The Mountain Goats. What's your fantasy winter locale?

Vintage sweater and suede boots, Forever 21 stirrup leggings, random woolly socks

I am heading out now for my favorite Christmas Eve activity: seeing a movie with my family and some fellow Semites. Merry Christmas to all!

34 comments:

Marie said...

We're movie going tonight too, hope you enjoy yours! The sweater is gorgeously snuggly, happy Holidays!

Chloë, Wardrobe Quarry said...

i love the sweater, I definetely need one like this for my wardrobe

M. said...

what a wonderful comfy outfit, I love it!

lovelove,
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

Indy said...

You are tooo cute! I love outfits like this that seem so simple and fast to throw on but end up so chic and stylish! Happy hols, love, and have fun playing in the snow!

Sylvie said...

Um, I literally want to marry the second to last picture. SERIOUSLY, IT'S THE CUTEST THING EVER! Ahh. AH! Okay, anyway, I'm so glad to welcome the newest addition to our sweater collection and totally cannot WAIT to wear it!

Anna said...

I love that combination; sweater and leggings :)

Happy Holidays! :D

daisychain said...

Gorgeous outfit,
merry christmas x

Iulia Romana said...

The sweater is so funky and cute !

Zhcsyra hp said...

lovely adorable sweater^^
wwwtariarizona.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

(:

Ania said...

looks so cozy!

and who isn't dreaming of scandinavia? ;)
xx

simonesays said...

Ack. I DIE, I DIE. That sweater is just full of amazing-ness.

Sammi said...

That sweater is amazing. I love how YOU can find something at a thrift store and immediately know what to do with it. I'm always lost.

Valencia Lia said...

Stunning oversized sweater! I love it sooooo much:)

You look so beautiful in it with those shoes too! Merry Christmas to you gorgeous<3

Unknown said...

The sweater is so cozy. Niceeee:)

Amelia said...

That sweater is so fun! I love seeing all the snow.

roxanne said...

oh, i love that sweater. i've been steadily acquiring a collection of grandpa sweaters from vintage store men's sections all winter, and i never stop wearing them either!

Gabbi said...

Lovely sweater! Hope you had a very happy one... ♥

Parapluie said...

That looks so nice and cozy!

Anonymous said...

really cool pics so funny in the snow.

love your pullover

Unknown said...

Hi there! :)
I Love your outfit! Its gorgeous, and I love that sweater! Hope you had a brilliant christmas, and thank yew so so much for your comment on my last post.
Panda xx
*follows your blog*

indigotangerine said...

Hope you had a lovely christmas! The snow looks heavenly, and sweater is fantastic, it's a look you wear well.

emma said...

hi annie! i'm such a stalker... i miss you though. and that's a very nice sweater i like it a lot. the little boys section of old navy has good giant sweaters too (at least giant on me). do you know who i am yet?

it looks like i can't come see you over this break but february break seems good because i will be looking at colleges in ny.

Manja said...

That is probably the awesomest(!) sweater I have ever seen...I NEED one like that, too. gosh I need to go thrifting asap.

Marina Siero said...

amazing sweater and boots!
nice pictures with the snow :)

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

I LOVE THIS. Totally something I would wear; the pattern, the colour, the shape... all is perfect! And your pictures are amazing, too! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
quirkyexplosion.blogspot.com

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

That sweater looks so cozy!

Teresa said...

Loving the oversized sweater! Very Pendleton-esque!

xoxo
www.invasionista.com

Helen said...

this makes me want to get down to the charity shops to buy a nice oversized sweater

Juliane said...

You look adorable in that sweater. :)

captain kimi said...

This sweater is absolutely amazing!

sirin said...

you're probably never gonna read this, but I'll write it for myself. I live in Norway and have a mountain cabin. It is the coziest place you can imagine. No water or electricity.

But.

Big windows are cold.

Nonetheless. If you ever want to be in a mountain cabin, just contact me. There are lots of goats all around. And I know a tea that warms your heart, no matter how cold it is.

enterrement vie de jeune fille said...

Très beau ce sweater et des couleurs magnifiques les bottes aussi je les aime beaucoup.

Séréna

Rockhampton Lawyers said...

Your jumper is so cute..warm I want to buy one