Thursday, December 3, 2009

Purple Haze


Sorry for the awful, awful lighting. Most of these photos came out so grainy that they hardly look digital. But look! My haircut! I am very satisfied with it.

Well, anyway... my favorite part of this whole thing is the skirt. It's actually ankle length, and pretty much the exact same style as the skirt I wore here, but with the help of a dozen safety pins it became this little bubble number.

Required jumping picture - you can see the pattern properly here. I love the little flecks of turquoise and blue amid the purple. Also, I love how the tights are the exact same shade of purple as the skirt! Things that match perfectly make me happy.

With the flash off, the shutter moved incredibly slowly in the quickly diminishing light, allowing me to capture these cool whirly pictures.

The leopard cardigan continues to be one of my favorite items of clothing - it has perpetually remained in my top five ever since I bought it.

I have come to think of this as my "flamingo" pose.

As you can probably tell, I detest taking flash photography. Natural light always looks so much nicer and more flattering! But, I think this last picture is kind of neat.

Vintage skirt and boots, Forever 21 tee and cardigan, Hue tights, gifted belt, random jewelry

I have come to the startling realization that I could actually put together a purple outfit from head to toe, including shoes! I never realized how much I liked purple, but I suppose I do, especially this sort of rich shade. It's such a decadent, sophisticated color.

Now, I have a very important question for all you dear readers...

Would you have any interest in a blog shop? I have quite a few items to get rid of, and before I unload them at the thrift shop or sell them on eBay, I was wondering if anybody wanted to purchase some things. It's mostly stuff I have worn on the blog, plus a couple of sweaters and some shoes, and everything would be pretty inexpensive... let me know!

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your haircut :)

_ said...

beautiful hair!
i am pretty broke at the moment (life of a student..sigh), so not sure i would be able to buy anything. but it's a nice idea!
s.

Magali said...

I love love this skirt and your cardigan!!! Selling blog are always pretty cool, and you can have all the time you need :)
x

http://b-entrance.blogspot.com/

Penny said...

Love this outfit. Yeah, I'd be very interested in seeing what you're selling! (:

Sailor Jamee said...

i love the cardigan as well (:

faye said...

oh yes yes at a reasonable price of course? I love some of the things you've worn on here.
Twirling looks fun I should try it sometime

Anna G said...

I would love some comfy cardigans and those lovely shoes but I'm broke. :(

Christina said...

I love your haircut. Very cute. I also enjoy how close the color of your tights match your skirt. Killer skirt btw. (:

Iris said...

I love that skirt! Such a great pattern. And things that match make me happy, too (I have a little OCD thing regarding matching clothes pegs when hanging out the washing. Can be time consuming).

Do sell stuff on here! Your clothes are excellent.

Maggie May said...

lalalalove your haircut! it's perfect.

WendyB said...

Love the 'do!

Kara said...

Hooo boy that is one adorable outfit. I must have that cardigan!! And about the shop, I say: go for it! I'm sure you'll have a lot of success selling pretties.

Dirty Hair Halo said...

Good make on the bubble skirt. That was clever.

www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

Maria Confer said...

Your hair looks so gorgeous. I love the beautiful volume of your curls and how they bounce.

Great mixing of prints.

I always love blog shops!!

lululetty.blogspot.com

RockerJewlz said...

Yes, a shop please.

Zhcsyra hp said...

love amazing skirt,nice top and adorable blazer <33333

tariarizona.blogspot.com

indigotangerine said...

Love your haircut, and the whirly pictures.
-indigo

Kathryn said...

I love your cardigan!

michelle_ said...

your blog is a total love at first sight .
im sooo gonnna follow you dear !

i love that leopard jacket very much !

CLICK HERE to enter my handmade scarf giveaway !

visit / follow / and comment me .
xoxo . Glisters & Blisters)
http://www.glistersandblisters.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors in the skirt. Love it.

Mały Kosmos said...

Cute outfit! especially cardigan & skirt are my favorites prats:)

Have a nice day!

daisychain said...

Love your hair!

le blog de leen said...

looove the skirt and the colored tights, especially with that belt
great outfit!

leen

Valencia Lia said...

I love love your haircut girl !!

And those photos are taken beautifully. I loved you made the skirt shorter and also I want that cardigan you have on. So beautiful.

Ohhh of course,I'm interested to see what you're selling <3 Do show us soon.

Parapluie said...

Your haircut looks really nice!

Lemon said...

love the idea of safety-pinning up a extra-long skirt, though i'm not quite sure how you did it! and second, blog-shops are always so fun. i'm a broke-broke college student but i would definately stop by for a look and hopefully a purchase. lol

Fashionisaparty.com (Suz) said...

love the cardi :)

Little Monarch said...

Im always keen for looking through other peoples wardrobes! especially someone as stylish as you :-) p.s I love your haircut. your hair is similar to mine and I can never wear it down becasue it just goes so poofy and scary! but looks like this hairdresser knew how to cut curly hair x

simonesays said...

Flash photography of myself makes me want to diiiiie, but that last photo is just great. Something about it.
I would love a blog store - if I can scrounge up a bit of cash, I'd certainly be interested.

Clara Campelo said...

great "flamingo" pose. uhSUhsu
i love your outfit!
amazing skirt.
xxxxx

The Bambina said...

So creative, pinning the skirt up! I love the colors.

Natalie Suarez said...

these photos are sooo cute, i love the little cardigan! :)

xoxo

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Raez said...

aw thank you:):)

i really love this outfit here, and the fact that your tights match the gorgeous skirt;) youre fab!

xx raez

Georgia said...

Lovely skirt. I would be interested in the items your selling if I lived in the US. Unfortunatley I don't and can't afford the shipping :(
It would be mine

Christen said...

You just reminded me that I am in desperate need of a leopard print cardigan! haha

And I LOOOOOOOVE the haircut!

jessica said...

auberginnne ♥
that's the purple .

Raj said...

Lovee your haircut :)
Your outfit is gorgeous, the skirt and belt espp

captain kimi said...

I don't think that's an awful lighting. It looks so melancholic. Love the atmosphere in these pics.This shade of purple is gorgeous also love this little leo cardi.

Hayley said...

i. am. in. love. with. that. skirt.
seriously, it's wonderful!