Saturday, December 26, 2009

There Will Be Feasting And Dancing In Jerusalem Next Year


I returned a few hours ago from a brief but very nice family trip to Washington. We stayed on the fringes of Georgetown, which is such an adorable and fun area for shopping and walking around, and our hotel was magnificent. It's always nice to go somewhere.

I feel like the blog might start to take a different direction soon, but I am not exactly sure how. I have been thinking a lot about fashion recently, and how I feel about it, and how it connects to other parts of my life, and I feel like I might need some time away from fashion and blogging to think about the other creative things that are important to me. I feel really good about my clothes lately, and obviously that's the most important part of personal style, but I am starting to think that deep down the fashion I am all about is not especially innovative or provocative, and therefore not entirely blogworthy. This is all sort of difficult to explain.

Lately I am not sure whether my dedication to my personal fashion is waning or waxing. By that I mean, I have been wearing a lot of simple, comfortable clothes lately, none that feel quite special enough to share on the blog but all that I love to wear. Basically, I think I need to start setting slightly lower expectations for myself in terms of what I wear on a daily basis, and then coming up with things to show off on the blog will seem much less (or hopefully not at all) stressful. I just want to be happy with what I post here, and then hopefully you all will be too.

I apologize if I sound maudlin at all. With the end of the year right around the corner, I have been feeling extremely pensive lately about every aspect of my life - friends, romance, writing, blogging, school, college, and everything beyond that. I think I just need to sort myself out a little.

All photos from The Cherry Blossom Girl. The above picture was taken at Père Lachaise Cemetery in Paris, a place of which I have very fond memories. And the post title is from "This Year" by The Mountain Goats, my favorite and most mood-appropriate song lately.

About a week ago I started a Tumblr, which I will probably be updating more frequently than the blog at least for a little while. Please do not take this as an abandonment of the blog! Please! I just need to relieve myself of some blogging responsibility for a bit. And no matter what happens here, I will continue to read your blogs as I always do.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely photographs, specially those shoes!

Amelia said...

I've kind of been feeling the same way about blogging, too. And very pensive, too. You should just blog about what you want to blog about when you want to. I think that's the best philosophy. Your blog should reflect your real life.

le blog de leen said...

love her romantic pictures :)

leen

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

absolutely beautiful pictures!! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Penny said...

Take all the time you need. Though I will miss your outfit photos, I think that I get what you're saying. (:

Unknown said...

lovely pics xxxx

Rosie Unknown said...

All I can say is that I am interested in hearing what you have to say, whether it be about fashion, poetry, or any other subject. So take your time, mull things over, and you will come back to find at least this reader still loyal and listening.

Ania said...

take your time. blogging shouldn't feel like a chore or something forced...

xx

WendyB said...

I say just write about what inspires you. You're under no obligation to cover certain topics. Feeling that way leads to burnout, IMO.

Little Monarch said...

thats exactly what this time of year is all about. looking back and reflecting on the ear just gone and making resolutions for the year to come. good luck hunny bunny

emily said...

well, hope you get yourself figured out soon. ;) and i love the pictures, they all have such a romantic feel...

Sylvie said...

Wow, I think we've been feeling very similarly lately...we definitely need a coffee shop sesh. You picked gorgeous photos to go along with your words though, and I know which ever direction your posts decide to take, I will be wanting to read every word! Also, can't wait to check out your tumblr!

Sammi said...

Take all the time you need, sweetie... we're young and fabulous.... you should feel great about yourself, don't let the blog bring you down.

PS
I think your posts are fantastic even if they aren't outfit updates =)

Natalie Suarez said...

i really love those little flat shoes, so cute!

happy new year :)

xoxo

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Your blog should reflect who you are and your interests so if those things are changing, then it's only natural that your blog will change with it. I welcome the new direction and look forward to what's going to come out of it! As long as what you post makes you happy, we readers will be here to support you.

Hope your holiday went well!

Manja said...

The photographs are wonderful! I can't wait until I get a DSLR which will probably still take a while.
If you change, then naturally, your blog changes as well and it should, because if you feel pressured to post certain things "because that's what people expect me to post" you will very likely soon not feel like blogging any more at all and that would be a shame :)

Danielle said...

I love your posts! You always have interesting things in them.

enterrement de vie de jeune fille Paris said...

Très belles photos et je connais bien le Père lachaise.

Séréna

cellulite cream said...

I have exactly the same shoes except that mine has slightly rounded toes. I love wearing them with skirts and shorts. :)